Auburn's Vision 2020
Empowering life-long learners to succeed in a world yet imagined!
Our students acquire fundamental
knowledge and skills, and apply these creatively to solve every day
problems at school, home, work, and in the community.
- Communicate effectively, collaborate
successfully, think flexibly, and transfer their knowledge and
abilities to new situations, technologies, and contexts.
- Set goals with confident self-awareness and develop innovative solutions.
- Grow to internalize the core values of compassion, courage, fairness, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Understand and expand knowledge in a
global society, in social, economic, and political settings, and
- Realize that learning is an ongoing process with continuous gains being celebrated along the way.
Our educational program is integrated, flexible, and personalized to maximize every learner’s growth.
Our educational program:
- Serves students socially, physically, cognitively, and emotionally.
- Focuses on student interest, choice,
personal goals and career exploration within the standards-based,
interdisciplinary, and integrated curriculum.
- Gives opportunity for students to learn both independently and collaboratively.
- Ensures all students will explore and
learn in a wide range and variety of venues, in public and private
community-based organizations, the “great outdoors,” virtual space
and classroom settings.
- Is flexible which allows each student’s learning journey within an adjustable time frame and many possible routes.
- Guarantees every student along the
way, rich interdisciplinary experiences that stimulate reflection,
dialogue and academic pride.
Our staff members are model learners, and collaborative educational leaders.
Our staff members:
- Work with colleagues, other
professionals and community members to research, identify, assess,
develop and refine their craft.
- Are knowledgeable, skilled,
responsive professionals and who work with students to set learning
goals, identifies customized, individualized learning experiences,
coach, support, and assess progress and performance.
- Create environments where it is safe to innovate and take risks, and where high expectations challenge and motivate.
- Demonstrate that reflection, creative thinking, and innovation are valued.
Our community – staff, parents, families and community members – actively share the responsibility for educating our students.
Our community members:
- Contribute to goal setting, partner with staff to ensure student success, and support learning activities.
- Demonstrate mutual respect and collaboration among school board, school department, and various stakeholders.
- Support the creation of state-of-the-art facilities and technologies with safe, flexible, appropriate, comfortable spaces.
- Provide learning opportunities for students outside the school walls.
- Partner in ensuring that all students are career and/or college ready.
Every Auburn student graduates with high aspirations, hope for the future, a passion for learning,
and the capacities to accomplish their dreams.
Together, we prepare these citizens of the 21st century to make unique and valuable contributions
and thrive on whatever world stages they choose.