District Info‎ > ‎News‎ > ‎

We need your completed Free and Reduced Meal Price Applications by October 28th!

posted Oct 21, 2019, 5:31 AM by Roz Walton   [ updated Oct 21, 2019, 5:53 AM ]

Dear Families: we need you to fill out your Free and Reduced Price Meal Applications by October 28!

Have you filled out the Free and Reduced Price Meal Application for this year?  Not sure where to start, or if you may qualify? Let us help you with that! Even if you do not believe you will qualify, it is important that every family fill out the form.

In addition to determining a family’s status for free/reduced lunch, the information on these forms is directly tied to the amount of state subsidy and federal funds received by the Auburn School Department each year.

“What if my school offers free lunch for everyone? Do I still need to fill out the form?”

Yes! We still need every family to complete the form to ensure that we receive all available state and federal dollars for Auburn School Department.

“How do I know if my student will qualify for free or reduced lunch?”

Eligibility for free or reduced price school meal benefits is based on any one of these three things:


- your total household income and size in the month the application is filled out, or the month before, or
- your child's individual status as foster, homeless, migrant, or runaway, or
- participation in an assistance program by any member of your household
















Your US citizenship or immigration status does not affect your eligibility for free or reduced price benefits.

Ready to complete the form?

You may complete a paper version of the application, which you can find at:



You can apply online at https://www.nlappscloud.com/Welcome.aspx?api=ff8b02616c2aa0d1afe2c7c32ce15ea6#loaded

If you have this information handy, it will make the application process fast and easy.

- If you participate in SNAPTANF, or FDPIR you will need to know your case number (not your card or account number)
- If you do not participate in any of the above assistance programs, you will need to report your total household income. In that case...

- if anyone in your household has a job, you may need to reference the earnings statement or pay stubs to report your gross income, which is different than the amount you actually receive in your paycheck.
- if anyone receives Social Security or retirement benefits, you may need to gather the benefit statements to report the amount and frequency of the payments.
- you may also need to reference other financial documents for additional sources of income.

Still not sure if you have everything you need? Don't worry! The Help link on the income section of the application contains detailed instructions and explanations about the sources of income you must include, and you can gather additional information then.

“What if I need assistance filling out my form?”

You may contact your school’s main office, the Food Service Department (333-6658, Ext. 2) or the Superintendent’s Office (784-6431) for personalized help in completing the form. Call one of the numbers above for assistance or to schedule a time to come in for help in person.

“Will information on my form be kept confidential?

We will use the information on your form to decide if your child should get free or reduced price meals. We may inform officials connected with other child nutrition, health and education programs of the information on your form to determine benefits for those programs or for funding and/or evaluation purposes.

Current Auburn School Department Meal Prices

Breakfast - $.00 (Free for all students)
Elementary and Middle School Lunch - $2.50

Edward Little High School Lunch - $3.00

Adult Lunch - $4.00